Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ghana's Elections: Good news is No News

I am disappointed

Why is that, my dear friend?

Don't you dare call me your friend, my friend!

Ah, what's bugging you?

I am sorely disappointed!

In me, what have I done to wrong you, my friend?

You and your bunch of friends from the Western press...

Eh, what the heck are you talking about?

And you call yourself a friend!

What are you talking about? Why are you in such a nasty funk?

I am talking about you Western media people!

And what on earth is wrong with us?

That is exactly the problem, ah! You still do not know why I am so angry with you lot?

No, I don't know.

For crying out loud, we had one of the best elections ever conducted anywhere in the whole wide world and none of you guys deemed it newsy enough to write about it. I search in vain for anything positive about the fairness, the freeness, the drums, the dances, the electric atmosphere generated... Nothing. Zilch. That's what I got, Niet! Nothing from the BBC right up to the Constant Negative News channel you call CNN. None of you have anything to say.

Oh, that! Is that what's bugging you?

readmore.

No comments:

Wise saying:

" Never use both feet to test the depth of the sea." - African proverb